Team TransLash is committed to helping alleviate our community’s fears and anxieties during this difficult time. We are all in this together! With that in mind, we’re compiling this tracker: a directory of coronavirus-related resources for transgender, non-binary, and intersex people.
This directory of COVID-19 related resources will be updated in real-time, so keep checking it for new additions! Some of these coronavirus resources are TGNC-specific, while others apply to most people in the United States. We will add more international resources as they arise. Submit any useful links that we may have missed here.
COVID-19 RESOURCES JUST FOR TRANSGENDER PEOPLE
- Callen-Lorde Community Resource Guide (NYC)
- Callen-Lorde Community Resource Guide: Gender Confirming Surgeons List (National)
- Other CL healthcare resources that anyone can use with their practice
- Helpful peer advice on gender confirming surgery research
- TLDEF prepared the Know Your Rights guide for transgender and non-binary people who are grappling with questions related to employment, housing, health care, identification, and accessing assistance from government agencies among other issues. The guide is available in both English and Español.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guide by The National Center for Transgender Equality
- The Trans LifeLine for peer support for trans folks 9am-3am CT: 1-877-565-8860 This hotline is staffed exclusively by trans operators is the only crisis line with a policy against non-consensual active rescue.
- Transgender Law Center‘s Virtual Community Gatherings: “Our communities are only as strong as the circles of care we create. Let’s use this opportunity to provide a space of solace, political education, and resource sharing. Each week we’ll go in depth into the ways this crisis impacts the many intersecting experiences of our communities. We will be updating it with specific topics soon! RSVP here.”
- TRANS & QUEER MUTUAL AID: Are you out of work because of COVID-19? Do you need basic supplies? Do you need support related to COVID-19 otherwise? If you identify as queer/trans and CAN HELP provide funds, food or other help OR if you’re queer/trans and NEED HELP, check out this resource!
- Black Trans COVID-19 Community Response Grant Program provides rapid response funds to individuals at their point of need during a government declared crisis.
- Trans Survival Fund, sponsored by Gender Reveal Podcast.
- Lives At Stake: The Trans Response To Coronavirus: Taking Action (with captions for accessibility)
- TGNC Peoples COVID Crisis Fund of Louisiana
- The Emergency Release Fund
- Trans Women of Color Solidarity Network Fund
- COVID-19 Mutual Aid Fund for LGBTQI+ BIPOC Folks
- Destination Tomorrow and TRANScend Rapid Response Fund
- Point of Pride COVID-19 Emergency Fund
- Trans United’s Showing Up for Our Communities Relief Fund
- What Trans Looks Like’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
- COVID-19 NYC Black Mutual Aid Fund
- Queer Detainee Empowerment Project, COVID-19 Emergency Fund for LGBTQIA+ Immigrants
- LGBT Center Intercultural Collective Inc and Lorena Borjas Community Fund, Transgender Emergency Fund 101
- The Okra Project (+NJ and Philly)
- Solution Not Punishments Collaborative’s Black Trans Sex Worker Survival Kits Fund (Atlanta)
- Trans Disaster Relief Fund (Houston)
- Transgender District COVID-19 Relief Fund (San Francisco)
- SisTers PGH COVID-19 LGBTQIA Emergency Relief Fund (Pittsburgh, PA)
COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR EVERYONE
- COVID-19 QUICK FACTS TRACKER: get the latest data and statistics from sources worldwide, all in one place.
- CORONAVIRUS RESOURCE KIT: This kit is a collectivized document that will be updated as more mutual aid projects and resources appear online. This compilation features resources from disabled, queer, elderly, Asian, and indigenous people. Mutual aid projects from Seattle, Philadelphia, DC, Twin Cities, Boston, and Chicago have been added below. We also recommend this other toolkit that has specific geographic sections and this incredible database of localized resources. For example: The Transgender District is giving out cash grants to TGNC residents in San Francisco. Click here for more info.
- LET’S TALK ABOUT SEX: the safest boots to rock & knock are your own right now, but here are some sex-positive health tips if you plan on having sex outside of masturbation. Be safe, loves!!
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: The Anti-Violence Project shares resources and tips for when staying at home isn’t the safest plan.
- INFORMATION ON COVID-19 FOR SURVIVORS, COMMUNITIES, AND DV/SA PROGRAMS compiled by FUTURES WITHOUT VIOLENCE .
- The StrongHearts Native Helpline for domestic/sexual violence is available 7am-10pm CT, confidential, and specifically for Native communities: 1−844-762-8483
- Check out COVID-19 related support for undocumented folks.
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET SICK: familiarize yourself with all the available options.
- Safer Drug Use During The COVID-19 Outbreak by the Harm Reduction Coalition
- What do older adults and people with disabilities need to know? from the Administration for Community Living
- BIPOC EMERGENCY FUNDS: $200 emergency grants for BIPOC arts and cultural leaders.
- SUPPORT FOR ARTISTS: a list of emergency resources for artists, as well an ongoing list of crowdfunding efforts to provide financial relief for artists.
- VIRTUAL ENTERTAINMENT: here’s a running list of DJs worldwide who are streaming sets from their homes in the time of corona.
- SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT: a roundup of all of the government agencies, private companies, and nonprofit organizations that are extending support.
Submit any useful coronavirus resource links that we may have missed here.