Since 2020, Team TransLash has been committed to helping alleviate our community’s fears and anxieties during this difficult time. We are all in this together! With that in mind, we’re been compiling this tracker: a directory of coronavirus-related resources for transgender, non-binary, and intersex people.
This directory of COVID-19 and vaccine related resources is being updated in real-time, so keep checking it for new additions! Some of these coronavirus resources are TGNC-specific, while others apply to most people in the United States. We will add more international resources as they arise. Submit any useful links that we may have missed here.
JANUARY 2022 UPDATE: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT VARIANTS
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Delta variant causes more infections and spreads faster than the original SARS-CoV-2 strain of the virus that cause COVID-19. Vaccines remain the best way to reduce your risk of severe illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19. The CDC is also working with state and local public health officials to monitor the spread of Omicron. As of December 20, 2021, Omicron has been detected in most states and territories and is rapidly increasing the proportion of COVID-19 cases it is causing.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is constantly changing, and new variants of the virus are expected to occur. Numerous variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 are being tracked in the United States and globally during this pandemic.
- Vaccines reduce your risk of severe illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19.
- COVID-19 booster doses are recommended for adults ages 18 and older. Teens 16–17 years old who received Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines can get a booster dose if they are at least 6 months post their initial Pfizer-BioNTech vaccination series.
- President Biden announced January 13, 2022, that the administration will buy another 500 million at-home COVID-19 tests for Americans in addition to his plans detailed last month to order 500 million tests.
- A day ahead of the scheduled rollout of free COVID-19 tests distributed by the Biden administration, some Americans were already placing orders on 1/18/22 for their free deliveries through a form posted by the U.S. Postal Service.
VACCINE RESOURCES JUST FOR LGBTQIA+ PEOPLE
- Austin LGBT Coalition for Aging’ COVID-19 Resource Page now has information on where to book vaccination appointments (Austin, Texas)
- Callen Lorde’s COVID-19 Vaccine Information page where you can see more about possible symptoms, effectiveness of the different vaccines, and how to decide which is the best one for you
- Central Valley Mutual Aid & Collective Care Network
- COVID-19 QTIPOC Survival Fund Chapel Hill, NC
- Covid-19 Vaccine Informational Forum for Trans, Nonbinary, and Gender Expansive Community, from MTPC (Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition), GLAAD, and the Massachusetts Trans Health Coalition: an information forum regarding COVID-19 Vaccines specifically for trans, nonbinary, and gender expansive community members.
- Emergency Relief Fund For LGBTQ+ Caribbeans from The Caribbean Equality Project.
- Equality Maine’s Covid-19 in Maine: An on-going list of resources.
- Funders For LGBTQ Issues’ Resources In The Covid-19 Response includes rapid response and emergency funds listed by geographic and population focus, grassroots funds and campaigns specifically LGBT folx, and other rapid response funds.
- Gender Spectrum has a great resource page including mental and physical health for transgender and gender expansive youth and their families, information on parenting during the pandemic, and social media on covid and gender.
- Gendered Intelligence has a resource directory that includes a variety of trans-specific things for wellbeing and fun including partying (at a distance), self-care resources, how to help and give to others, databases to find free things to read, watch, and more.
- Human Rights Campaign’s Frequently Asked Questions About Accessing the COVID-19 Vaccination, including various studies on the future of the vaccine, as well how to get it, and more.
- Jahajee Sisters Emergency Fund for Indo-Carribbean women and gender-fluid people.
- National Resource Center for LGBT Aging created a helpful page to help identify the THREE WAYS TO AVOID COVID-19 VACCINE SCAMS.
- Navigating Covid-19 and Chest Binding, TransHub
- San Francisco’s Show Your Pride! Get Vaccinated resource page
- Supporting Low-Income People During the Coronavirus Pandemic, National Center for Lesbian Rights.
- TGEU’s COVID resource page offers aid in the form of PDFs on sex workers on the frontline, impact of COVID-19 with disabilities, global resources, and also has a list of organizations helping intersex people, those with HIV, sex workers, all trans and gender expansive-specific.
- The Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center in Pennsylvania has a helpful resource page that includes PA-specific vaccine guidelines and scheduling sites as well as nationwide resources for LGBT struggling during the pandemic.
- The LGBT Foundation has a helpful COVID-19 Vaccination informational page that walks through whether or not the vaccine would interact with HRT, PrEP, and others as well as a Q&A with Dr. Michael Brady and Dr. Luke Wookey, hosted by Reeta Loi.
- The TransLatin@ Coalition on Instagram constantly produces posts and holds forums with information vaccine news and resources.
- True Colors United compiled a list of resources helpful to those in our community currently experiencing homelessness, as well as linking to how to help folx experiencing homelessness through this pandemic.
VACCINE RESOURCES FOR EVERYONE
- Ad Council’s Questions & Answers About COVID-1 Vaccines page
- CVS Pharmacy’s Vaccination Appointment scheduling tool
- National Center for Family Philanthropy’s Covid-19 Response and Recovery Funds resource page
- New York State’s Vaccine Eligibility Assessment page
- Our World in Data’s Covid -19 Vaccine Tracker
- Out Front Minnesota’s Vaccine Locator
- The Center for Disease and Control (CDC)’s Covid-19 Vaccination page including information on the vaccines themselves as well as how/where to receive one
- VaccineFinder.org helps people in the US find vaccine appointments at Pharmacies and clinics near them
COVID-19 RESOURCES JUST FOR TRANSGENDER PEOPLE
- Aid for the transgender community in Assam
- Callen-Lorde Community Resource Guide (NYC)
- Callen-Lorde Community Resource Guide: Gender Confirming Surgeons List (National)
- Callen-Lorde TransAtlas
- Campaign For Southern Equality’s LGBT COVID-19 Rapid Response Grant Program (Southern USA) *Sign up for their email list to get notified when the applications re-open*
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guide by The National Center for Transgender Equality
- COVID-19 Resources for LGBTQ Coloradans, One Colorado
- Database of Localized Resources During COVID 19 Outbreak (Rad Comms Network)
- Destination Tomorrow and TRANScend Rapid Response Fund
- Gender Justice League’s COVID-19 Resources Directory
- Helpful peer advice on gender confirming surgery research
- House of GG’s Covid-19 Resources for TGNC Folks In The South
- It’s Going Down’s COVID-19 Mutual Aid, geographically separated resource page
- Olive Branch Transgender Disaster Relief & Recovery has a Black Trans COVID-19 Community Response Fund where people can apply Nationwide for micro grants, care packages, and community support
- Other CL healthcare resources that anyone can use with their practice
- LGBT Center Intercultural Collective Inc and Lorena Borjas Community Fund, Transgender Emergency Fund 101
- Lives At Stake: The Trans Response To Coronavirus: Taking Action (with captions for accessibility)
- In the Shadow of the Health-Care City: Historicizing Trans Latinx Immigrant Experiences during the Coronavirus Pandemic by Leo Lili Valdes
- Lysistrata COVID-19 Mutual Aid Resource Compilation
- National LGBTQ Cancer Networks’ COVID Information Page
- Queer Detainee Empowerment Project, COVID-19 Emergency Fund for LGBTQIA+ Immigrants
- Resources for Massachusetts LGBTQIA+ Youth During COVID-19
- South Asian Queer + Trans Collective Covid-19 Resource Page
- TGNC Peoples COVID Crisis Fund of Louisiana
- The BAGLY ‘COVID-19 Resources for Massachusetts’ LGBTQ+ Youth’ Directory
- The Emergency Release Fund
- The Okra Project (+NJ and Philly)
- The Gays and Lesbians Living In a Transgender Society COVID fund for homeless trans people in New York (New York)
- The Trans LifeLine for peer support for trans folks 9am-3am CT: 1-877-565-8860 This hotline is staffed exclusively by trans operators is the only crisis line with a policy against non-consensual active rescue
- Transcend The Binary’s COVID-19 Relief and Resources Directory (Michigan specific aid, as well as National Aid)
- Trans Disaster Relief Fund (Houston)
- Trans United’s Showing Up for Our Communities Relief Fund
- Trans Women of Color Solidarity Network Fund
- UCLA’s COVID-19 Resources:
- Resources for LGBTQ Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic, some Los Angeles based resources, also includes National/online resources
- Tips & Resources for LGBTQ Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Families and Caregivers:Resources for Families and Caregivers of LGBTQ Youth During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What Trans Looks Like’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR EVERYONE
- Black Lives Matter Survival Fund
- #BetweenUsAboutUs: W. Kamau Bell talks with Black doctors, nurses, and researchers to answer your questions about the vaccine. You can watch the video here
- Check out COVID-19 related support for undocumented folks
- City Bar Justice Center’s COVID-19 Immigrant Resource Guide (New York)
- Coronavirus and People with HIV: resource guide
- CORONAVIRUS RESOURCE KIT: This kit is a collectivized document that will be updated as more mutual aid projects and resources appear online. This compilation features resources from disabled, queer, elderly, Asian, and indigenous people. Mutual aid projects from Seattle, Philadelphia, DC, Twin Cities, Boston, and Chicago have been added below. We also recommend this other toolkit that has specific geographic sections and this incredible database of localized resources
- COVID-19 QUICK FACTS TRACKER: get the latest data and statistics from sources worldwide, all in one place
- Family Equality’s Coronavirus (COVID-19): How to Talk to Your Kids and What to Do At Home
- INFORMATION ON COVID-19 FOR SURVIVORS, COMMUNITIES, AND DV/SA PROGRAMS compiled by FUTURES WITHOUT VIOLENCE
- Resources for Safety and Support During COVID, Futures Without Violence
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: The Anti-Violence Project shares resources and tips for when staying at home isn’t the safest plan
- LET’S TALK ABOUT SEX: the safest boots to rock & knock are your own right now, but here are some sex-positive health tips if you plan on having sex outside of masturbation. Be safe, loves!!
- Safer Drug Use During The COVID-19 Outbreak by the Harm Reduction Coalition
- SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT: a roundup of all of the government agencies, private companies, and nonprofit organizations that are extending support
- SUPPORT FOR ARTISTS: a list of emergency resources for artists, as well an ongoing list of crowdfunding efforts to provide financial relief for artists
- The StrongHearts Native Helpline for domestic/sexual violence is available 7am-10pm CT, confidential, and specifically for Native communities: 1−844-762-8483
- VIRTUAL ENTERTAINMENT: here’s a running list of DJs worldwide who are streaming sets from their homes in the time of corona
- What do older adults and people with disabilities need to know? from the Administration for Community Living
- WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET SICK: familiarize yourself with all the available options
Submit any useful coronavirus resource links that we may have missed here.