Team TransLash is looking for a part-time Senior Digital Producer to support and coordinate daily (as well as project-based) digital production needs, for a range of TransLash products and services.
This six-month role will involve a three-month paid training period to learn systems and processes in preparation to supervise two contractors on the social media team.
This is a 1099 Contractor role that could evolve into a payroll position after a 6-month trial period.
There will be a compensated project as part of the application process, with the outcome informing the contracting decision.
Location: Remote (any location in the United States, but must be available for real-time Slack/email communication & scheduled calls M-F between the hours of 10AM – 6PM ET).
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Comfortable with communicating their questions and needs, working capacity, and boundaries;
- Experience with working and communicating remotely (Google Workspace, Slack, Google Meet);
- Flexible: enjoys being assigned different tasks each week.
Timing: Six-month trial period contract, with a three-month performance review and the option to evolve into a payroll position at the end of six months.
Start date: October 1, 2022 (a paid onboarding period/orientation will be included)
Compensation: $70/Hr; we are estimating 20-25 hours a week for the first 3 months, with the potential to negotiate all terms at the three-month mark.
The incumbent will be expected to track their time each week in a provided time-tracking spreadsheet, and to submit monthly invoices by the provided deadlines.
Scope of Work
The Senior Digital Producer will work directly with TransLash’s Head of Digital Strategy Daniela “Dani” Capistrano (they/them).
These are some of the tasks that the Senior Digital Producer will be supporting during the training period:
- Promo Assets Creation: utilizing provided templates, the incumbent will create a range of promotional assets for TransLash Media social channels,
- Social Media Management Support: scheduling out episodic promotional content (original and curated) across all of TransLash Media’s social channels;
- Testimonial Logging: scanning all podcast distribution channels and TransLash social accounts every week for timely listener reviews and compiling documentation to be repurposed for promotional social graphics and funder reporting;
- Audience Development Support: checking TransLash email accounts daily and coordinating responses/escalating inquiries with appropriate team members within 48hrs of each correspondence;
- Social Engagement: with direction from the Head of Digital Strategy, scanning TransLash social channels daily and elevating/responding to podcast series-specific feedback from followers;
- TransLash Zine Support: supporting outreach to promote the zine in multiple relevant online communities, related call-for-submission campaigns, and providing misc. content and administrative support;
- YouTube Support: supporting media management and community management needs for the TransLash Media YouTube Channel. Duties will include ongoing SEO-driven tag maintenance for legacy and new content uploads, promptly reviewing and responding to comments, and caption corrections (utilizing YouTube’s caption editor, and uploading provided .SRT files);
- Bi-Monthly Social Team Planning Calls: meeting with the Head of Digital Strategy and Senior Digital Producer twice a month via Zoom/Google Meet to discuss monthly social content, outreach, and promotional priorities.
Specific priorities will be set on an ongoing basis.
- Three+ years experience supporting daily digital production for a media company, or supporting an organization that produces digital media on a daily/weekly basis;
- One year of minimum experience in a team coordination role (of at least one other person);
- Two+ years experience with supporting podcast digital production (or can demonstrate aptitude in learning podcast programs and tools);
- Fluency with Canva and Photoshop: able to efficiently utilize provided templates and create basic social media graphics with provided assets and instructions;
- Fluency with Facebook’s Creator Studio: comfortable with scheduling content and checking/responding to Facebook and Instagram social media follower engagement through Creator Studio;
- Social Media Management Proficiency: a minimum of two years of experience creating content for & managing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok channels for a client or employer;
- Must have a basic understanding of social media analytics and KPIs, and how this can inform content and community engagement strategies;
- Comfortable using Google Workspace and related applications;
- Comfortable using Slack and Email for timely communication and collaboration;
- Comfortable with WordPress (creating and publishing blog posts; some webpage content edits);
- Must own (or have access to) your own computer and reliable Internet access;
- Fluency in English;
- Must be 18+ and able to legally work in the United States (complete and submit a 1099 form).
- Experience providing social media support for a podcast series or trans-led initiative;
- Established networks in transgender/TGNC communities, Black communities and communities of color, and disabled communities;
- An understanding of accessibility and modalities for creating and sharing accessible content online;
- Experience managing a text-community platform;
- Some video editing experience for social media assets;
- Experience in community organizing.
Email daniela [at] translash [dot] org with the subject line “SENIOR DIGITAL CONTRACT PRODUCER”, along with your cover letter & resume (required) and any related portfolio links (optional). Deadline to submit: October 15, 2022.
[IMAGE DESCRIPTION: an orange graphic featuring the TransLash logo includes the following text: “WE’RE HIRING! Senior Digital Producer | Compensation: $70/Hr” and includes other details already stated in this job description.]