Team TransLash is looking for another part-time Digital Coordinator to support daily and project-based digital production needs for a range of TransLash products and services.
We are open to working with either a 1099 Contractor, or a BIPOC or LGBTQIA-led Agency/Firm that appoints one dedicated service provider to handle all tasks and to interface with us re: work scope for each month.
Location: Remote (any location in the United States, but must be available for real-time Slack/email communication & scheduled calls between the hours of 10AM – 6PM ET).
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Comfortable with communicating their questions and needs, working capacity, and boundaries;
- Experience with working and communicating remotely (Google Workspace, Slack, Google Meet);
- Flexible: enjoys being assigned different tasks each week.
Timing: minimum of a 3-month contract, with the potential to renew for up to a year, contingent upon the outcome of a 3-month mark performance review.
Start date: ASAP (a paid onboarding period/orientation will be included)
Compensation: $40/Hr, and we are estimating 10-20 hours a week for the first 6 months, with the potential to negotiate all terms at the 3-month mark. We will prioritize applications from folks who are available to work 9AM-5PM EST at least two days per week.
The incumbent will be expected to track their time each week in a provided time-tracking spreadsheet, and to submit monthly invoices by the provided deadlines.
Scope of work
The Digital Coordinator will report directly to TransLash Founder Imara Jones and TransLash digital strategy lead Daniela “Dani” Capistrano, supporting daily and project-based digital production needs for a range of TransLash products and services. The Digital Coordinator will also collaborate with the Graphic Designer on shared tasks, under the direction of Dani.
- Social Media Management Support: under direction of the digital strategy lead, scheduling out episodic promotional content (original and curated) across all of TransLash Media’s social channels;
- Testimonial Logging: scanning all podcast distribution channels and TransLash social accounts every week for timely listener reviews, and compiling documentation to be repurposed for promotional social graphics and funder reporting;
- Audience Development Support: checking TransLash email accounts daily and coordinating responses/escalating inquiries with appropriate team members within 48hrs of each correspondence;
- Social Engagement: under direction of the digital strategy lead, scanning TransLash social channels daily and elevating/responding to podcast series-specific feedback from followers;
- Bi-Monthly Podcast Planning Calls: meeting with the digital strategy lead twice a month via Zoom/Google Meet to discuss monthly podcast content, outreach, and promotional priorities;
- TransLash Zine Support: under direction of the digital strategy lead, supporting outreach to promote the zine in multiple relevant online communities, related call-for-submission campaigns, and providing misc. content and administrative support;
- YouTube Support: under direction of the digital strategy lead, supporting media management and community management needs for the TransLash Media YouTube Channel. Duties will include ongoing SEO-driven tag maintenance for legacy and new content uploads, promptly reviewing and responding to comments, and caption corrections (utilizing YouTube’s caption editor, and uploading provided .SRT files);
- Bi-Monthly Social Media Planning Calls: meeting with the digital strategy lead twice a month via Zoom/Google Meet to discuss monthly social content, outreach, and promotional priorities.
Specific priorities will be set on an ongoing basis.
All tasks are executed under the direct supervision of TransLash Media digital strategy lead Daniela Capistrano, with final approvals from TransLash Media founder Imara Jones. Paid training on related systems and processes will be provided during the initial on boarding phase during the trial period. After the trial period, the Contractor/Agency/Firm is expected to follow the work scope provided in the service agreement, with a transparent level of supervision.
- Two years minimum experience supporting daily digital production for a media company, or supporting an organization that produces digital media on a daily/weekly basis;
- Two years minimum experience with supporting podcast digital production (or can demonstrate aptitude in learning podcast programs and tools, such as Headliner for audiograms);
- Fluency with Canva and Photoshop: must be able to efficiently manipulate provided templates, and to create basic social media graphics with provided assets and instructions;
- Fluency with Facebook’s Creator Studio: must be comfortable with scheduling content and checking/responding to Facebook and Instagram social media follower engagement through Creator Studio;
- Social Media Management Proficiency: must have a minimum of two years of experience creating content for & managing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok channels for a client or employer;
- Must have a basic understanding of social media analytics and KPIs, and how this can inform content and community engagement strategies;
- Comfortable using Google Workspace and related applications;
- Comfortable using Slack and Email for timely communication and collaboration;
- Comfortable with WordPress (creating and publishing blog posts, some webpage content edits);
- Must own (or have access to) your own computer and reliable Internet access;
- Fluency in English;
- Must be 18+ and able to legally work in the United States (complete and submit a 1099 form).
- Experience providing social media support for a podcast series or trans-led initiative;
- Established networks in transgender/TGNC communities, Black communities and communities of color, and disabled communities;
- An understanding of accessibility and modalities for creating and sharing accessible content online;
- Experience managing a text-community platform;
- Some video editing experience for social media assets;
- Experience in community organizing.
Interested parties should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DIGITAL COORDINATOR”, along with their cover letter & resume (required) and any related portfolio links (optional).