This policy sets out how TransLash collects and uses the information that we collect about you when you use the TransLash website. This policy also explains the choices that you can make about the way that we use your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT & ITS USE
We collect the following types of information about you:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US DIRECTLY
We may ask for certain information such as a username, your first and last name, birthdate, phone number, profession and e-mail address when you register for a TransLash account, or if you correspond with us. We may also retain any messages you send through the website, and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the website. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the website and integrated features. We may also use this information to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the website and your experience.
INFORMATION WE MAY RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our website through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to TransLash. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the TransLash website. You may also unlink your third party account from the TransLash website by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AUTOMATICALLY
We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the TransLash website. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the TransLash website experience.
When you visit the TransLash website, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets TransLash help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the website (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the website), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the TransLash website over time.
You can control or reset your cookies through your web browser, which will allow you to customize your cookie preferences and to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
LOG FILE INFORMATION
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the TransLash website. When you use our website, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
CLEAR GIFS/WEB BEACONS INFORMATION
When you use the TransLash website, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the website experience.
When you access the TransLash website by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by TransLash. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the website. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the website. Some features of thewebsite may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled. Device Identifiers used by TransLash include the Android Advertising ID and iOS Advertising Identifier.
When you access the TransLash website by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the website. Some features of the website, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the TransLash website: We use the information that you provide us to provide the website to you. This includes allowing you to log in to the TransLash website, operating and maintaining the website, giving you access to your content that you make via the website, etc. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the website experience and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Customising the website for you: We use information you provide us and information about you to make sure that your use of the website is customized to your needs.
- To communicate with you about the website: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the website. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the TransLash website: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about features and offers relating to TransLashs that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the TransLash website, and your preferences. You can opt-out of getting these communications as described below.
- Community happiness: We use information about you, information that you provide to us, and information about your interactions with the website to resolve technical issues you experience with the website, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the website for all TransLash users.
- For matters that you have specifically consent to: From time to time TransLash may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION UNDER THE GDPR (FOR USERS IN THE EEA)
For TransLash users in the the European Economic Area (EEA) TransLash processes your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how TransLash may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it. This means that TransLash will collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the TransLash website and fulfill our obligations to you under our Terms of Service. This includes providing you with access to the information that you create in your designs.
- It it justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the website (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your data).
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
- If you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can either withdraw your consent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or through your account settings page. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the TransLash website.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information into third parties outside TransLash and its group companies (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) without your consent, except as noted in this section:
WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Some of the third parties that TransLash may share your personal information with include providers who assist TransLash with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Analytics; and
- Delivery of physical products.
WHO YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SHARE YOUR USER CONTENT WITH
Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the TransLash website, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
TransLash may also share your information with third parties in certain circumstances, such as where:
- we are required to do so as a result of a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement;
- we believe that it is necessary to protect you or TransLash, such as where we consider that there is a need to investigate potentially fraudulent or criminal activity; or
- you have consented to our sharing it with a third party for a particular purpose.
TransLash may also share your information with a third party in circumstances where we sell divest or transfer TransLash, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses to a third party. Information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the website may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganisations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the TransLash website.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
ADS ON TRANSLASH
Please note that an advertiser may ask TransLash to show an ad to a certain audience of Users (e.g., based on demographics or other interests). In that situation, TransLash determines the target audience and TransLash serves the advertising to that audience and only provides anonymous aggregated data to the advertiser. If you respond to such an ad, the advertiser or ad server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
HOW WE TRANSFER, STORE & PROTECT YOUR DATA
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION (FOR USERS IN THE EEA)
For Users in the EEA, where we transfer your information to a third party provider that is not located in the EEA, and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information. From time to time we may also seek your consent to transfer your information to a third country outside the EEA.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
TransLash cares about the security of your information, and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from TransLash, at all times. However, TransLash cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to TransLash or guarantee that information on the website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the TransLash website, such as social networks. TransLash is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
COMPROMISE OF INFORMATION
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, TransLash will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
YOU CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION & SETTINGS
You may update your account information by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of TransLash-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the website, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com.
OPTING OUT OF COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents TransLash or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the website, and for use in targeted advertising activities by TransLash, including via third parties’ websites. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the website. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR INFORMATION
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. Users in those jurisdictions may have the right to:
- Request a copy of your information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your information;
- Request that your information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of your information; and
- Object to our use of your information;
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at email@example.com.
In some circumstances TransLash may not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal data. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another User. We may also be required to retain certain information that you ask us to delete for various reasons, such as where there is a legal requirement to do so. In some cases, you may have shared your information with third parties, such as by publishing a design on a third party’s website. In that case TransLash will not be able to delete the information, and you will need to contact that third party directly.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you may be entitled to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR USER CONTENT
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, TransLash may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so. In particular, TransLash may retain your information for the purpose of comply with its legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes.
TransLash does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 and the website and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES & SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US