Are you a trans business owner? TransLash Podcast with Imara Jones wants to hear from you! Share your #TransBusiness story with us on social media for a chance to be featured on an upcoming episode of TransLash Podcast. Learn more and submit by October 20, 2023.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRANS BUSINESS OWNERS
Any trans or gender nonconforming business owners (including intersex, two-spirit, genderqueer, and more) are welcome to submit their #TransBusiness story to TransLash Podcast! Here’s how to apply:
1. Create a video up to 1 minute long, telling us the story of your business:
- who you are & where you’re from,
- the products/services you offer,
- why you started your business,
- what you are most proud of,
- and ways that our community can support you.
2. Get as creative as possible!
3. Make sure your video has captions (videos without captions won’t be considered)!
4. Post your video to Instagram, Twitter/X, or TikTok anytime between September 20th – October 20th, 2023.
5. Tag @TransLashMedia on your video (If you don’t tag us, we can’t see your video)!
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT MY VIDEO?
For those selected to be on the podcast…
Someone from the TransLash Podcast team will contact you between October 21st – October 31st with next steps.
Those selected will work with our podcast team to schedule an interview for TransLash Podcast with Imara Jones and an interview for TransLash.org.
Please make sure that between 10/21 – 10/31 you are checking your DMs of the social channel you used for your submission (ex: if it was TikTok, check your DMs there!).
If we aren’t able to DM you on your submission channel, we will tag you in a comment on your most recent post and provide an email for you to use to respond to us.
If we reach out and don’t hear from you by October 31st (either via email or social DM), we will contact the next person in our list of applicants.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I’M NOT SELECTED?
For those not selected to be a guest on TransLash Podcast with Imara Jones…
There is still a win for you!
If your video meets our criteria and we can verify you are a business currently in operation, we will add your info to our directory of trans businesses on our website, & we will share your video on TransLash social channels in the future.
Stay tuned for when our #TransBusiness focused episode drops in Winter 2023!
Did you find this resource helpful? Consider supporting TransLash today with a tax-deductible donation.