Team TransLash is looking for a part-time Associate Digital Producer to support daily digital production needs for a range of TransLash products and services.
This 6-month Digital Associate Producer role will involve a 3-month paid training period to learn systems and processes.
This is a 1099 Contractor role that could evolve into a payroll position after a 6-month trial period.
There will be a compensated project as part of the application process, with the outcome informing the contracting decision.
Location: Remote (any location in the United States, but must be available for real-time Slack/email communication & scheduled calls M-F between the hours of 10AM – 6PM ET).
Timing: 6-month trial period contract, with a 3-month performance review and the option to evolve into a payroll position at the end of six months.
Start date: August 1, 2023 (a paid onboarding period/orientation will be included)
Compensation: $65/Hr; we are estimating 20-25 hours a week for the first 3 months, with the potential to negotiate all terms at the 3-month mark.
The incumbent will be expected to track their time each week and to submit monthly invoices by the provided deadlines.
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Comfortable with communicating their questions and needs, working capacity, and boundaries;
- Experience with working and communicating remotely (Google Workspace, Slack, Google Meet);
- Flexible: enjoys being assigned different tasks each week.
Scope of Work
The Associate Digital Producer will work directly with TransLash’s Head of Digital Strategy Daniela “Dani” Capistrano (they/them), with a Senior Digital Producer providing administration support and project management guidance.
These are some of the tasks that the Associate Digital Producer will be supporting during the training period:
- Promo Assets Creation: utilizing provided templates, the incumbent will create a range of promotional assets for TransLash Media social channels, as well as provide media management support;
- Social Media Management Support: scheduling out episodic promotional content (original and curated) across all of TransLash Media’s social channels;
- Testimonial Logging: scanning all podcast distribution channels and TransLash social accounts every week for timely listener reviews, and compiling documentation to be repurposed for promotional social graphics and funder reporting;
- Audience Development Support: checking TransLash email accounts daily and coordinating responses/escalating inquiries with appropriate team members within 48hrs of each correspondence;
- Social Engagement: under direction of the digital strategy lead, scanning TransLash social channels daily and elevating/responding to podcast series-specific feedback from followers;
- TransLash Zine Support: supporting outreach to promote the zine in multiple relevant online communities, related call-for-submission campaigns, and providing misc. content and administrative support;
- YouTube Support: supporting media management and community management needs for the TransLash Media YouTube Channel. Duties will include ongoing SEO-driven tag maintenance for legacy and new content uploads, promptly reviewing and responding to comments, and caption corrections (utilizing YouTube’s caption editor, and uploading provided .SRT files);
- Social Team Planning Calls: twice a month Zoom/Google Meet planning meetings to discuss monthly social content plans, audience outreach, and promotional priorities with the Social Team.
Assignments may shift on a weekly basis and guidance will be provided.
- Two or more years of experience supporting daily digital production for a media company, or supporting a brand or organization that produces digital media on a daily/weekly basis;
- Two or more years of experience working remotely as a salaried employee, contractor, or freelancer;
- Fluency with Canva and Photoshop: able to efficiently utilize provided templates and create social media graphics while following instructions and participating in review rounds;
- Social Media Management Proficiency: two years or more of experience creating content for (and managing) Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok channels for a client or employer;
- Comfortable using Project Management tools such as Asana, Monday, or Basecamp;
- Must have a basic understanding of social media analytics and KPIs and how this informs content and community engagement strategies;
- Comfortable using Google Workspace and related applications;
- Comfortable using Slack and Email for timely communication and collaboration;
- Comfortable with WordPress (creating and publishing blog posts; some webpage content edits);
- Must own (or have access to) your own computer and reliable Internet access;
- Fluency in English;
- Must be 18+ and able to legally work in the United States (complete and submit a 1099 form).
- Identifies as LGBTQ+ or Two-Spirit (priority consideration given to TGNC people);
- Has cultivated established networks in TGNC communities, Black communities and communities of color, and disabled communities;
- Two or more years of experience with supporting podcast digital production (or can demonstrate aptitude in learning podcast programs and tools);
- An understanding of accessibility and modalities for creating and sharing accessible content online;
- Some video editing experience for social media assets;
- Experience providing social media support for a podcast series or trans-led initiative;
- Experience in community organizing.
Email daniela [at] translash [dot] org with the subject line ASSOCIATE DIGITAL CONTRACT PRODUCER. Emails that do not include a resume and cover letter as attached files will not be considered. Portfolio links are welcome but not required. Deadline to submit: July 7, 2023