Team TransLash is looking for an additional part-time Digital Graphics Assistant to support the creation and coordination of original and curated graphic design assets, and to support related media management needs.
We are open to working with either a 1099 Contractor, or a BIPOC or LGBTQIA-led Agency/Firm that appoints one dedicated service provider to handle all tasks and to interface with us re: work scope for each month.
Location: Remote (any location in the United States, but must be available for real-time Slack/email communication & scheduled calls between the hours of 10AM – 6PM ET).
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Comfortable with communicating their creative ideas, working capacity, and boundaries;
- Experience with working and communicating remotely (Google Workspace, Slack, Google Meet);
- Flexible: enjoys being assigned different tasks each week.
Timing: minimum of a 3-month contract, with the potential to renew for up to a year, contingent upon the outcome of a 3-month mark performance review.
Start date: ASAP (a paid on boarding period/orientation will be included)
Compensation: $35/Hr, and we are estimating 10-20 hours a week for the first 6 months, with the potential to negotiate all terms at the 3-month mark. We will prioritize applications from folks who are available to work 9AM-5PM EST at least two days per week.
The incumbent will be expected to track their time each week in a provided time-tracking spreadsheet, and to submit monthly invoices by the provided deadlines.
Scope of work
The Digital Graphics Assistant will report directly to TransLash Founder Imara Jones and TransLash digital strategy lead Daniela “Dani” Capistrano, supporting templated-based and original graphic design needs for two podcast series, visual assets for all TransLash Media social channels, and related media management.
- Social Media Content Support: creating original and template-based tune-in graphics and other ancillary social media assets for TransLash’s social media channels;
- Podcast Digital Production [promo assets creation]: promptly coordinating with stakeholders to create promo graphics assets from provided templates for each podcast episode, as part of episodic social media toolkit creation;
- Guest Assets Support: promptly coordinating with stakeholders to make sure podcast guests have provided their official headshots & confirmed social media handles to include in each social media toolkit in advance of outreach;
- Outreach Support: coordinating with the podcast team and digital strategy lead to promptly prep & distribute the social media toolkit for each podcast episode in advance of each bi-monthly episode drop;
- GIPHY Content Creation: under direction of the digital strategy lead, supporting the launch, management, and promotion of a new TransLash Media GIPHY channel and the creation of original branded GIF content, leveraging legacy TransLash Media assets and new/commissioned works;
- TransLash Zine Support: under direction of the digital strategy lead, supporting editorial production needs, along with outreach to promote the zine in multiple relevant online communities, related call-for-submission campaigns, and providing misc. content and administrative support;
- Commemorations Project Support: under direction of the digital strategy lead, creating and coordinating memorial graphics as part of our initiative that documents trans deaths throughout the year;
- Bi-Monthly Social Media Planning Calls: meeting with the digital strategy lead twice a month via Zoom/Google Meet to discuss monthly social content, outreach, and promotional priorities.
Specific priorities will be set on an ongoing basis.
All tasks are executed under the direct supervision of TransLash Media digital strategy lead Daniela “Dani” Capistrano, with final approvals from TransLash Media founder Imara Jones. Paid training on related systems and processes will be provided during the initial on boarding phase during a trial period. After the trial period, the Contractor/Agency/Firm is expected to follow the work scope provided in the service agreement, with a transparent level of supervision.
- Two years minimum experience as a Graphic Designer with an employer, or in any compensated role that involves daily/weekly graphic design-related tasks (portfolio link required);
- Fluency with Canva and Photoshop: must be able to efficiently manipulate provided templates, and to create basic social media graphics with provided assets and instructions;
- Fluency with Facebook’s Creator Studio: must be comfortable with scheduling content and checking/responding to Facebook and Instagram social media follower engagement through Creator Studio;
- Social Media Management Proficiency: must have a minimum of two years of experience creating content for & managing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok channels for a client or employer;
- Must have a basic understanding of social media analytics and KPIs, and how this can inform content and community engagement strategies;
- Comfortable using Google Workspace and related applications;
- Comfortable using Slack and Email for timely communication and collaboration;
- Comfortable with WordPress (creating and publishing blog posts, some webpage content edits);
- Must own (or have access to) your own computer and reliable Internet access;
- Fluency in English;
- Must be 18+ and able to legally work in the United States (complete and submit a 1099 form).
- Experience providing social media support for a podcast series or trans-led initiative;
- Established networks in transgender/TGNC communities, Black communities and communities of color, and disabled communities;
- An understanding of accessibility and modalities for creating and sharing accessible content online;
- Experience managing a text-community platform;
- Some video editing experience for social media assets;
- Experience in community organizing.
Interested parties should email email@example.com with the subject line “DIGITAL GRAPHICS ASSISTANT”, along with their cover letter, resume, and any portfolio links.